Bryden pi Limited is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position within their Operations Division (Warehouse). The incumbent is expected to supervise warehouse staff and agreed daily shift plan assignments in order to plan, co-ordinate and monitor the receipt, storage and issue of goods to meet customer expectations in accordance with established practices, procedures and standards of safety, efficiency, speed and accuracy; and ensure that all movements are accounted for and properly recorded.
Some Main Responsibilities include:
- Consult with Senior Warehouse Supervisor in planning daily warehouse work operation
- Report to Senior Warehouse Supervisor on instances of non-conformances regarding product quality, damages, safety, staff conduct, equipment performance and housekeeping over the course of the shift.
- Plan and co-ordinate the incoming goods, storage and dispatch of items in a timely and efficient manner to achieve team objectives and Key performance Indicators (KPIs), as determined by the Senior Warehouse Supervisor.
- Maximize productivity via the supervision of staff, activities and equipment relevant to the specific shift assignment
- Work closely with all departments and Brand Managers regarding items that are low or out of stock and/or delisted.
- Liaise with Logistics on matters regarding container arrival, haulage and claims for damages.
- Ensure daily accurate verification of customer orders after picking before dispatching for delivery.
- Ensure that approved quality, distribution and warehousing procedures as outlined in Good Warehousing Procedure and ISO 9001:2008 controls are adhered to.
- Perform planned stock counts or ad hoc stock checks aimed at ensuring inventory accuracy and system integrity including daily bin integrity.
- Source labour and co-ordinate prompt container offloading to minimize demurrage charges as per KPIs. Liaise with the hauler to return empty containers.
- Inspect containers and goods received for damages, leaks and infestation and make checks to ensure the accuracy of work performed by staff doing put aways.
- Review documents at the end of the day from the contract delivery drivers and issue Goods Returned Advice and Return Advice documents as required.
- Foster team spirit and encourage warehouse staff performance through coaching, counselling, disciplining staff where necessary.
- Assist the Senior Warehouse Supervisor in planning, monitoring, and appraising job results in a timely manner. Communicate job expectations and KPI’s for all warehouse staff to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded.
- Investigate and resolve stock variances and report findings to the Senior Warehouse Supervisor.
- Perform other duties that may be required to enhance the operations of the Company
Qualification and Experience:
- 5 CXC / Ordinary Level passes, including Math and English
- CAPE / GCE Advanced level passes would be considered an asset
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar position with at least one (1) year in a Supervisory capacity.
- A current Forklift license would be an asset.
- Or relevant combination of training and experience
Skills / Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff in the organization
- Critical thinking, good analytical and problem solving skills
- Supervisory Management Skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Knowledge of Microsoft office Applications.