The incumbent is expected to assist Warehouse Management in leading the activities of the Warehouse & Distribution Centre with the objective of providing cost-efficient, timely and courteous service to our customers while maintaining the highest standards of inventory management and safety.
Some Main Responsibilities include:
- Assist the Warehouse Manager/Assistant Warehouse Manager in achieving/ executing all Corporate and Departmental initiatives/goals.
- Enforce standards established in the Company’s Good Warehousing Procedures with an objective of maintaining a clean, healthy and safe warehouse environment; guaranteeing the security of employees from external threats; ensuring appropriate rotation of stock and inventory accuracy; supporting traceability of stock throughout the extended supply chain; ensuring daily accurate verification of customer orders after picking before dispatching for delivery; promoting product safety by storing goods in accordance with specified storage conditions and supplier requirements; minimizing equipment downtime through preventative maintenance programs.
- Manage available human and physical resources on an on-going basis during shift to support operational demands including container un-stuffing, put away, control, picking, customer delivery, sorting and housekeeping.
- Ensure all products are properly labelled, stored, and their locations are accurately recorded.
- Maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Foster team spirit and encourage warehouse staff performance through coaching, counselling and disciplining staff where necessary.
- Investigate and explain stock variances and report findings to the Warehouse Manager.
- Make recommendations for improvement of warehouse operations to achieve increased productivity and efficiency.
- Perform and implement continuous operational process improvements ensuring that these processes are respected and lead to achievement of higher levels of productivity with same or less resources.
- Maintain and monitor key performance indicators and performance measures to drive performance improvement and achievement of productivity targets.
- Review documents at the end of the day from the contract delivery drivers and issue Goods Returned Advice and Return Advice documents as required.
- Perform other duties that may be required to enhance the operations of the Company
Qualification and Experience:
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Warehousing and Inventory Management or similar qualification in a related field
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in similar role with at least two (2) in a supervisory capacity.
- Or relevant combination of training and experience
Skills / Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff in the organization
- Critical thinking, good analytical and problem solving skills
- Supervisory Management Skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Knowledge of Microsoft office Applications.