The incumbent will be required to develop and implement marketing activities, maintain brand integrity across all brand initiatives and communications, ensuring that the product lines resonate with current and potential customers. Work closely with the Sales, Promotions and Merchandising teams to facilitate the achievement of optimum brand equity, sales, quality, distribution, visibility, price, placement and promotion of the assigned brands to enhance the Company’s image as a preferred supplier in the Industry.
- Develop and manage brand strategies, communications, and marketing campaigns through the creation of annual marketing plans, using various effective platforms to reach the target customer.
- Implement marketing plans, promotions, media, and product launches for assigned brands to facilitate the achievement of the Company’s marketing objectives.
- Carry out market research, stay current and monitor market trends, competitive activities and conduct consumer insights, to identify opportunities, key issues, and areas for investment for all regions.
- Liaise with export personnel in the development of marketing plans for brands where applicable.
- Achieve and monitor monthly sales and gross profit targets in keeping with departmental objectives.
- Manage A&P spending in line with budget, margin requirements, and brand investment.
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Evaluate the optimum quality, distribution, visibility, price, placement, and promotion of the assigned brands in all trade channels.
- Prepare draft forecasts and budget proposals and administer approved A&P budgets in collaboration with suppliers, Business Unit Manager /Marketing Manager and/or Divisional Manager, ensuring that all expenses are accounted for and tracked.
- Conduct regular trade audits, monitoring existing brand portfolio, competitive activity, promotional trends, and identify opportunities and areas for investment, including appropriate tactical initiatives to counteract such activity.
- Monitor product expiration dates and damages of assigned brands at the warehouse and on trade, and implement measures to keep expiries to a minimum.
- Prepare local ICM forecasting – to ensure minimization of stock-outs, reduction in slow-moving stock and liquidation of discontinued products, and monitoring of expiry dates.
- Participation in regional quarterly business reviews in conjunction with Export Manager to understand brand performance, evaluate marketing executions and results, trade audits, competitive activity, and promotional trends identifying opportunities and areas for investment, including appropriate tactical initiatives to counteract such activity and advise on upcoming plans.
- Create and disseminate tools needed for sales, promotions, merchandising, and export teams to launch/introduce products in line with the Road Map.
- Submit all claims to suppliers in a timely manner and ensure reimbursements are received
- Coordinate and supervise activities of the Brand Management and Promotional team in the absence of the Marketing Manager.
- Work closely with Sales & Merchandising teams, as well as Promotions Coordinator to ensure that all in-store promotional activities are executed according to plan
- Train Sales, Merchandising, Medical Representatives, Customer Service, Promotions teams, and Regional Distributors on all existing and new brands and provide continuous guidance and assistance as required
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with suppliers ensuring that all requested reports are submitted in a timely manner and according to specifications
- Perform other related duties that may be required to enhance the operations of the Company.
Qualifications, Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing / Business Management or related field.
- A minimum of four (4) years similar experience in a FMCG Company with Multi brand experience.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Must possess a reliable, working vehicle
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiating, organizational and analytical skills
- Strong presentation abilities and competitive spirit
- Driven to succeed – Proven track record in sales and marketing