The successful candidate is responsible for assisting in the supervision and coordination of activities within production and monitoring work flow with focus on safety, environmental controls, development of production employees, plant production including quality control and protection of equipment.
Some Main Responsibilities include:
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or packaging of goods.
- Confer with other personnel to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
- Read and analyze production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Assist with the daily supervision of Production Workers.
- Complete records for staff attendance, production output, work in progress, machine downtime, quality and safety.
- Liaise with the Plant Manager daily on matters related to production progress, product non-conformances, safety or quality concerns, maintenance and sanitation, and staff welfare.
- Train and coach staff on equipment operations or work and safety procedures.
- Perform other duties that may be required to enhance the operations of the Company
Knowledge and Experience:
- Requires at least five (5) CXC subjects, English Language, Mathematics or a School Leaving Certificate
- At least two (2) year in as similar capacity in a Manufacturing environment
- Or relevant combination of training and experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to prepare technical and analytical reports