The incumbent is responsible for all aspects of Surgical Sales in the assigned territories
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work alongside medical professionals.
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information, such as selling strategies or marketing information.
- Select the correct products or assist customers in making product selections, based on customers' needs, product specifications, and applicable regulations.
- Attend sales and trade meetings, and read related publications in order to obtain information about market conditions, business trends, and industry developments.
- Visit establishments to evaluate needs or to promote product or service sales and expand business
- Attain (and if possible exceeding) annual sales targets
- Keep up-to-date with the latest clinical data supplied by the company, and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with health professionals during presentations
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers' needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Prepare sales presentations or proposals to explain product specifications or applications.
- Initiate sales campaigns and follow marketing plan guidelines in order to meet sales expectations.
- Demonstrate and explain the operation and use of products.
- Complete product and development training as required.
- Recommend ways for customers to alter product usage in order to maximize opportunities
- Consult with medical personnel regarding technical problems with products.
- Study information about new products so that equipment and supplies can be accurately depicted and proper recommendations made.
- Arrange for installation and commissioning of products.
Knowledge and Experience:
- BSc Optometry or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- General proficiency in the MS Office Suite
- Commercial awareness
- Demonstrates maturity, confidence and patience
- Possesses strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Excellent sales skills are essential
- Must be able to function in a surgical environment