Bryden pi Genethics Limited is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, directing and controlling the Company’s Production, Engineering & Maintenance, Research & Development and Quality Assurance operations so as to ensure the achievement of forecasted or desired outputs, budgetary plans and compliance with established institutional, regulatory and industry requirements.
Some Main Responsibilities include:
- Plan, direct and control the use of available human, physical and financial resources in achieving operational work targets, standards and specifications
- Develop, recommend and implement strategies and plans for the establishment and sustenance of effective levels of operational productivity in accordance with the Company’s short, medium and long term objectives.
- Maintain contact with Government and professional bodies and institutions and represent the Company when so required.
- Identify, investigate and correct operational discrepancies in equipment performance, output quality, efficiency levels and compliance with institutional or industry safety and sanitation standards or specifications.
- Review deficient production performance on a daily basis to identify root causes and develop solutions for the establishment and maintenance of desired productivity levels.
- Prepare operational reports to review plant performance trends, update strategic plans, identify and correct production discrepancies and monitor progress to the achievement of enhanced profitability objectives.
- Coordinate the application of appropriate product security measures and the effective maintenance of the Company’s building and compound.
- Establish and implement operational policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with senior team members, organization officials, and staff members as necessary.
- Scan the environment to detect or assess possible problems as they arise and determine courses of action.
- Monitor and control resources and oversee the spending of cash to maintain accurate reporting of production costs.
- Perform other duties that may be required to enhance the operations of the Company
Knowledge and Experience:
- BSc. /MSc. In Industrial/Manufacturing/Production Processes Engineering.
- At least five (5) to ten (10) years of progressive manufacturing experience and responsibilities, five (5) of which must be in a supervisory capacity.
- Broad technical or administrative experience in a manufacturing environment including, but not limited to training in general safety, supervisory sexual harassment prevention, quality system awareness.
- Experience in Industrial Relations would be an asset Or relevant combination of training and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of production scheduling
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.