The incumbent will be expected to develop, and execute the Strategic annual Merchandising plan to achieve Channel, Brand and Business Unit objectives. Ensure that standards and procedures are maintained to project the Company's image as a preferred supplier in the industry and enhance customer service levels.
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Develop and monitor annual Merchandising plan in line with Channel, Brand and Business Unit objectives
- Develop Training & Development plan for Merchandising Supervisors, Team leads and Merchandising Team
- Supervise and monitor performance of Merchandising Supervisors, Team leads and Merchandisers within assigned geographical areas ensuring that all accounts are serviced according to route schedule and targets and standards regarding effective display of Company products are achieved. Initiate corrective action where necessary to ensure that approved targets are met.
- Oversee the recruitment and training of new merchandisers, within approved headcount
- Oversee and monitor the execution of promotions in conjunction with the UTT Sales Manager, Trade Marketing Executive, Channel Managers and Marketing Team in an effort to deliver exceptional ROI
- Spearhead monthly Merchandising Meetings
- Attend and participate in planning and development of promotions/offers at Trade Activities meetings
- Attend and participate in new product launch planning
- Coordinate with Brand Team on relevant POP and execution of materials for promotions.
- Administrative Reports updated for all areas - Payroll - compile and submit for all of merchandising verifying work sheets; Trade Activities Updates; Trade Audits; Vacation coordination with teams
- Continuously review routes in an effort to maximize resource utilisation
- Make sales calls to assigned accounts and pay regular visits to the trade to ensure the division is offering efficient and effective service. Approximately 40% of the time should be spent in the trade.
- Verify and document, for submission to the UTT Sales Manager that the following activities are occurring as planned and directed in a timely basis:
- POP and signage is properly set according to planograms; Products are displayed in a neat and appealing manner; Stock levels are at required levels; Prices are accurate; Shelf space and product location are optimized; Adequate rotation of shelf and back stock and removal of expired product; Execution of promotions
- Provide feedback on competitive activity to Sales and Marketing teams
- Assist in the development of planograms
- Perform other duties that may be required to enhance the operations of the Company
Knowledge & Experience:
- At least five O’Levels including Mathematics and English or equivalent accreditation. GCE/A’Levels or Diploma in Business/ related field will be an asset.
- At least eight (8) years’ experience in a FMCG Sales environment, with at least three (3) years at a Management level or relevant combination of training and experience.
- Must possess a reliable, working vehicle
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to motivate and direct others
- Results oriented
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills