The incumbent is expected to develop, establish, execute and evaluate strategic and tactical marketing plans for the Business Unit’s portfolio with the aim of maximizing consumer demand and ensuring the achievement of each brand’s KPIs and overall corporate objectives; as well as to act as a liaison with Suppliers and the Sales Team and to lead a team of Brand Managers in order to achieve the set goals.
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Lead the Division’s Brand Team
- Work with suppliers and advertising agencies to implement and maintain cost-efficient advertising plans and media development
- Manage the relationship with all suppliers ensuring their satisfaction with the Company’s performance at all times
- Work with Marketing and Sales teams and key customers to formulate designs for display units to constantly improve visual standards
- Develop and manage annual budgets for sales and profit for brand portfolios
- Play a leading role in the planning process of all new product launches to achieve successful new product launches.
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts
- Initiate and co-ordinate market research (Shopper & Consumer Insights)
- Analyze category trends and utilize findings to implement strategic initiatives
- Ensures that claims for suppliers’ share of the expenses are sent to Supplier as required and that they are settled in a timely manner
- Work closely with and obtain approval from Suppliers and the Divisional Director to develop and execute detailed brand plans based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost factors to achieve defined brand sales objectives.
- Monitor distribution levels and shelf presence through regular and scheduled trade visits to ensure the team is offering efficient and effective service. Approximately 25% of the time should be spent on the trade.
- Manage implementation of the Company’s promotional activities so as to ensure the achievement of established marketing goals and objectives.
- Monitor brand performance trends to ensure conformity with marketing forecasts and keep marketing team fully informed at all times of objectives, progress and future plans. Be one of the main drivers of the Promotional Planning process and communicate all decisions to his/her team.
- Monitor inventory levels periodically with the Division Director to encourage strategies, plans and promotions to facilitate the achievement of the Company’s marketing objectives.
- Perform other duties that may be required to enhance the operations of the Company
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field.
- A minimum of four (4) years marketing experience in a FMCG environment with at least two (2) years at a managerial level Or relevant combination of training and experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to motivate and direct others
- Results oriented
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent presentation skills