Bryden pi Limited is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position in the Consumer Division (Food and Grocery Business Unit)
The incumbent would be required to plan and coordinate the management and development of key accounts and the Sales team to ensure optimum Sales, Distribution, Visibility, Price, Placement and Promotion of the assigned brands in the key outlets to enhance the Company's image as a preferred supplier in the Industry and enhance customer service levels.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Drive and monitor sales, distribution and penetration to surpass brand, volume and profit objectives for a defined list of Key Account customers through effective and efficient use of budgets and resources by developing and executing on Key Account plans.
- Supervise, work along with and coach sales team ensuring that they are servicing their customers effectively and timely to maximise revenue
- Complete Sales Representatives incentives for payment on a monthly & quarterly basis.
- Train & monitor Sales Reps on daily responsibilities and internal processes e.g. Goods Received Advices (GRA's), Stock & Order Forms, AR Summary review, to ensure they acquire the necessary skills for excellent job performance.
- Monitor performance of Sales team and develop incentive programs designed to continuously motivate them.
- Ensure Monthly Gross Profit & Distribution objectives are achieved for each sales representative on their assigned routes
- Develop & implement Route Supervision Schedule with recommendations for improvements
- Conduct customer visits to ensure the effectiveness of services rendered by sales team and identify, investigate and initiate corrective action on issues adversely impacting sales performance.
- Identify opportunities for sales growth with new and existing customers and develop appropriate strategies for implementation including secondary locations and participating in Co-ops
- Provide efficient customer service ensuring that strong customer relationships are fostered and maintained
- Investigate and respond to customer demands, complaints or problems in an accurate and timely manner so as to ensure the achievement of established sales objectives.
- Review the Accounts Receivable aging report on a regular and consistent basis to ensure they are in-line with Company policy and inform required follow up action.
- Act as Company representative at promotional events for Key Account promotions
- Ensure new products are listed on a timely basis and develop plans to grow customers sales through new product space allocations negotiations
- Monitor and report on relative shelf facings, secondary locations, inventory and competitive promotions or activities in the marketplace.
- Perform other duties that may be required to enhance the operations of the Company
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
- A minimum of five (5) years sales experience in an FMCG environment with at least three (3) years at a supervisory level
- Or relevant combination of training and experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to motivate and direct others
- Results oriented
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent presentation skills