If you are interested in joining an organization where, “We are happy people, committed to enhancing lives with a spirit to serve and exceed expectations”, then we look forward to receiving your application.
The successful candidate is responsible for ensuring that all operating machinery involved in the processing of manufactured products are properly maintained and is in good working condition as well as prepare and compound all required batch ingredients for the purpose of completing a production product.
Some Main Responsibilities include:
- Operate equipment in the manufacture of product batches as per standard operation procedures with the operation of all equipment required for the process: Drum Lift, Drum discharge chute, all scales within Bpi Genethics Limited, Agitators, Steam Kettles, Sleeve Jacket Tank, P.K. Blender, Transfer Pump, Barrel Discharge Pump and all Steam lines and any other equipment required for product compounding.
- Receive and inspect raw material from warehouse for daily production
- Weigh, batch and compound product following the documented manufacturing process
- Ensure that conditions are right for product compounding “Start-up” and “Shut-down” this includes the “Set-up” of the required room. “Set-up” entails preparing the room assigned for the filling process after the batch is manufactured.
- Ensure that all operations within the Department are carried out in accordance with documented procedures.
- Ensure the end product meets with established approved quality standards
- Make a routine check of all machinery in department to ascertain problems and resolve same before shut down of equipment relevant to processing
- Assist in compounding products so that production targets are met on a constant basis
- Clean and sanitize of all equipment used within the manufacturing process both before process and upon completion of process
- Assist in timely and accurate completion of relevant batch manufacturing records before, during and after production.
- Ensure Safety features on machinery are working in accordance with manufacture specification.
- Ensure the application of and adherence to established HSE measures and procedures to ensure the well-being of themselves and employees
- Adhere to the company’s quality & customer service standards and procedures.
- Review status reports from previous shift and resolve any problems as stated
- Ensure all reports are updated on a timely basis
- Perform other duties that may be required to enhance the operations of the Company.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Requires at least five (5) CXC subjects, English Language, Mathematics and preferably Chemistry
- At least one (1) year in as similar capacity in a Manufacturing environment
- A Process Plant Operator Certificate from a recognized Institution Or relevant combination of training and experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to prepare technical reports
- A flexible working environment that allows you to be innovative
- A team that values people.