The incumbent is expected to assist with the coordination of HSSE activities related to Bpi’s and BGL’s operations.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Maintain records and reports both in hardcopy and soft copy inclusive of: HSSE inspections, toolbox sessions, accident reports, minutes of meetings, drills, general training, risk assessments, Material Safety Data Sheets, certification of safety equipment/ forklift drivers/ First Aid and CPR, safety footwear log, service reports and equipment maintenance logs.
- Assist with compiling accident statistics/ trends, which shall include recording by: accident type, injury type, days away from work, medical and other costs.
- Assist with reports to the OSH Authority for all Lost Time Injuries within the stipulated time frame.
- Assist with annual risk assessments, training and compilation of reports.
- Assist with audits on security systems and personnel.
- Provide administrative support to the HSSE, Facilities and Maintenance Manager.
- Assist with scheduling and facilitating HSSE- meetings, training sessions, contractor management, equipment- inspection, certification, servicing and breakdowns.
- Ensure that all safety equipment and other general equipment are maintained and inspected as stipulated.
- Maintain records of all safety equipment and certification to ensure re-certification is met prior to expiry. Maintain general equipment service records and schedules.
- Ensure welfare facilities and general housekeeping is maintained which will include provisions for potable and drinking water supply.
- Assist with the coordination of other associated activities which shall include: Safety Week and Environmental initiatives.
- Recommend corrective measures to be applied based on results of risk assessments.
- Perform other duties that may be required to enhance the operations of the Company
Knowledge and Experience:
- General knowledge of HSSE policies and procedures.
- HSE Diploma or Associated Degree or certification.
- Two (2) years’ experience in the field of HSSE.
- Or relevant combination of training and experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Applications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Must be Proactive