The successful candidate will provide support to the Human Resource Department; ensuring that the Department maintains efficiency and confidentiality on all matters relating to staff and Management.
Some Main Responsibilities include:
- Assist with recruitment administration including: arranging advertising / posting of job vacancies, screening of applications, scheduling / coordinating interviews and preparing interview packages and post interview reporting, reference checks and filing.
- Assist with new employee Inductions and Orientations.
- Promptly input employee data into the Employee Database / HRIS and ensures that all employee information is accurate.
- Assist with the probationary process, ensuring that all mid and end of probation evaluations are received by the HR Department in a timely manner.
- Ensure progressive discipline and compliance with company’s policies by drafting disciplinary letters inclusive of letter of advice, verbal warnings and written warnings.
- Monitor and update the annual employee leave details in accordance with the Company’s leave policies.
- Assist in the administrative details and coordination of Training and Development Sessions / Workshops as required. This includes but is not limited to: registration of participants, booking and arrangement of rooms, sourcing of materials / equipment, coordination of meals and refreshments and ensuring room is left in good condition once training is completed
- Communicate and promote the Company’s values.
- Assist in the management of all injury cases including workmen compensation documentation and claims
- Assist in the administration of the NIS benefit for the Company through the registration of all employees and assist past employees in the preparation of NIS claims.
- Assist in the administration of the day to day operations of the Group Health and Pension plan.
- Maintain and update all HR employee files and other HR Administrative files and ensure all records are maintained on a timely basis and in accordance with approved HR filing system.
- Prepare letters for employees upon request, including job letters and Embassy letters
- Assist with the coordination of special events and projects as required
- Assist with the co-ordination of uniforms for all employees; from the selection of suppliers to the distribution of the uniforms to staff.
- Perform other duties that may be required to enhance the operations of the Company
Qualification and Experience:
- Five (5) CXC / Ordinary Level passes, including Math and English.
- Post-secondary certification in an HR related field would be an asset
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a similar role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and any other related software
Skills / Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff in the organization
- Ability to work in a confidential working environment
- Critical thinking, good analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with good time management skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office Applications.