The incumbent will be responsible for the development, execution and evaluation of Strategic Marketing plans for the Business Units portfolio ensuring the achievement of brand and Company objectives.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work closely with, and obtain approval from Principals and the Business Unit Manager, to develop and execute detailed brand plans based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost factors to achieve defined brand sales objectives.
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own the implementation from ideation to execution.
- Play a leading role in the planning process of all new product introductions to achieve successful launches.
- Manage the relationship with all suppliers ensuring their satisfaction with the Company’s performance at all times.
- Work with the Marketing, Sales teams and key customers to formulate appropriate channel activities which includes, promotions, displays, category placement to continuously improve standards staying relevant to shoppers and consumers.
- Prepare and monitor A&P budget in line with company objectives
- Track & analyse the performance of advertising campaigns vs objective
- Monitor existing brand portfolio, competitive activity, promotional trends, distribution levels and shelf presence through regular trade visits, to ensure the team is offering efficient and effective service.
- Analyse market and category trends and utilize findings to implement strategic initiatives.
- Work closely with Marketing & Sales team in developing promotional programs, assisting with proposals and sign-off on all promotions conducted.
- Initiate and co-ordinate market research and analyze findings.
- Manage implementation of the Company’s promotional activities to ensure the achievement of established marketing goals and objectives.
- Monitor inventory levels periodically with the Business Unit Manager to encourage strategies, plans and promotions to facilitate the achievement of the Company’s marketing objectives.
- Develop pricing strategies to establish market positioning
- Conduct quarterly pricing analysis via pricing survey, to ensure price proposition is in line with market standards, brand profitability and company objectives.
- Monitor customer and competitor activities to determine and implement appropriate trade marketing plans
- Develop strategy, plan, and implement digital plans for BU, ensuring established KPIs are met.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to enhance the operations of the Company.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years marketing+ experience in a FMCG environment with at least two (2) years at a managerial level
- Proven experience developing marketing plans and campaigns.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisation and supervisory skills
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills.
- Good communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be flexible, honest and reliable