The successful candidate will be responsible for the administration and coordination of human resource policies, programs and practices with a focus on employee and industrial relations matters and issues
Some Main Responsibilities include:
- Ensure appropriate application of all HR policies and procedures and advise and assist departmental managers on their interpretation and administration; conduct meetings / information sessions as required to ensure full awareness and compliance
- Make recommendations for policy and procedure modification as appropriate
- Ensure appropriate use and applicability of all staff benefits and entitlements, ensuring compliance with Company policies
- Coordinate the management of all injury cases including workmen compensation documentation and claims.
- Manage all employee separations, ensuring that all departmental procedures are followed and that exit interviews are completed identifying issues that may have resulted in the employee’s departure within area of responsibility.
- Investigate employee complaints / disciplinary matters, and apply appropriate procedures to resolve matters swiftly and amicably in line with applicable labour laws and good labour relations practices
- Conduct research and provide information to HR Manager regarding labour related issues and trends staying up to date with relevant legislation and case law
- Assist the HR Manager with Collective Bargaining and other Union related matters
- Develop and implement appropriate reward and recognition and employee engagement programs in line with Company values and strategic objectives
- Create and maintain relevant statistics and create monthly reports for use by senior management
- Organize and conduct periodic employee surveys to gauge satisfaction levels
- Represent the HR Department as a member of committees, and as Chair when required, including but not limited to: HSE and Employee Engagement Committees
- Assist with the coordination of special events and completion of projects as required
- Perform other duties that may be required to enhance the operations of the Company
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or a related field
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Human Resources which includes at least one (1) year of supervisory experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and any other related software
- Knowledge and application of Trinidad and Tobago labour laws. Experience in Industrial Relations would be an asset.
Skills / Competencies:
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation with the ability to interact with people at all levels
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to determine best problem solving techniques.
- Self-motivated, self-starter and goal oriented with a customer-focused approach
- Results oriented with the ability to lead change
- Ability to effectively supervise, motivate and empower others to achieve objectives.