The incumbent will be required to assist with ensuring that proper control over credit facilities are extended to customers and to ensure that delinquent accounts are regularized as soon as possible.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Create new accounts for staff and customers as required
- Approve customers’ orders
- Receive, batch, balance and enter post-dated cheques on spread sheet as required
- Maintain an efficient filing system of customers’ contracts
- Reconcile and prepare aging reports for customers owing at 90 days and 120 days with outstanding amounts to allow for follow up on payment, discrepancies and queries
- Record cheques received on customers’ VAI Account
- Check and log the accuracy of cancellations
- Audit cash collections done at depots
- Code and batch cash sales receipts for data entry daily
- Reconcile certain GL accounts
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to enhance the operations of the Company.
Knowledge & Experience:
- A minimum of five (5) CXC/Ordinary Level passes, including Mathematics, English and Principles of Accounts
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of an Accounting software package would be an asset
- Computer literate particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisation skills and multitasking ability
- Good communication skills
- Must be flexible, honest and reliable
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence