The incumbent will be required to evaluate companies and ensure that they are adhering to all regional regulations relevant to the industry, to the professional organizations’ regulations or standards, and to the companies’ internal guidelines.
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Develop compliance auditing plans based on regulatory, industry, company and supplier requirements.
- Review all relevant programs and activities affected by industry regulations (by territory).
- Perform key compliance projects including gap assessments to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Plan, schedule and conduct external and internal audits in accordance with applicable regulations and international laws and standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Make recommendations for changes to address procedures and practices that are not compliant with regulations, company and supplier requirements.
- Assess proposed corrective action plans for non-compliant issues, and follow-up on the implementation of agreed corrective actions. Track effectiveness of same and provide management with regular updates and periodic reports.
- Compile reports on the results of external and internal audits and presenting these reports to the relevant supervisors and department heads.
- Develop, implement, manage, and track effectiveness of corrective action plans for non-compliant issues, and provide management with regular updates
- Attend educational and professional development programs to improve your job knowledge and enhance the compliance department’s reputation.
- Manage the training, organization, scheduling, and task assignment for auditing staff.
- Perform other duties that may be required to enhance the operations of the Company.
Knowledge, Experience & Requirements:
- Degree in business management or relevant field.
- Professional/ industry-specific certification, such as a certified internal auditor, lead auditor.
- A minimum of 5 years’ auditing experience.
- An in-depth understanding of the pharmaceutical distribution industry’s rules, guidelines, and regulations.
- Must have a reliable, working vehicle
- Strong attention to detail, excellent analytical skills and an ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good computer skills and experience with relevant software programs.
- Strong communication and multitasking skills.
- Dedication to objectivity.
- Flexibility to travel (regionally)