We are seeking to recruit suitable candidates for the following position in the Pharma Division.
The incumbent is expected to develop, recommend and implement marketing plans and promotions and work closely with the Sales, Marketing, Promotions and Merchandising teams to facilitate the achievement of optimum brand equity, sales, quality, distribution, visibility, price, placement and promotion of the assigned brands to enhance the Company’s image as a preferred supplier in the Industry.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist in analysis of brand strategies and positioning for effective go to market plans through development of annual marketing plans.
- Implement marketing plans, promotions, media and product launches for assigned brands to facilitate the achievement of the Company’s marketing objectives in conjunction with the Divisional Manager.
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets, competitive activities and conduct consumer insights in conjunction with the Divisional Manager to identify opportunities and key issues and areas for investment.
- Conduct brand sales analysis to understand performance and document brand trends ensuring all required corrective actions are developed and implemented.
- Achieve and monitor monthly sales and gross profit targets in keeping with departmental objectives, implementing measures to address short falls.
- Manage A&P spend in line with budgeted margin requirements and brand investment.
- Ensure optimum quality, distribution, visibility, price, placement and promotion of the assigned brands in all trade channels.
- Prepare draft forecasts and budget proposals and administer approved A&P budgets in collaboration with suppliers and Divisional Manager, ensuring that all expenses are accounted for and tracked.
- Monitor and report on all competitive activity in the trade through regular trade visits, including appropriate tactical initiatives to counteract such activity and assessing distribution levels and shelf presence
- Monitor product expiration dates and damages of assigned brands in the Warehouse and implement measures to keep expiries to a minimum
- Assist with inventory management – ICM forecasting – to ensure minimization of stock-outs, reduction in slow moving stock and liquidation of discontinued products and monitoring of expiry dates.
- Create and disseminate tools needed for sales, promotions and merchandising team to launch/introduce products in line with road map.
- Conduct regular trade audits, monitoring existing brand portfolio, competitive activity, promotional trends and identify opportunities and areas for investment
- Perform other related duties that may be required to enhance the operations of the Company.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years similar experience in a similar environment
- Or relevant combination of training and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiating, organizational and analytical skills
- Strong presentation abilities and competitive spirit
- Driven to succeed – Proven track record in sales
- Must possess a properly maintained motor vehicle