The incumbent will be required to develop, recommend and implement marketing plans and promotions and work closely with the Sales, Marketing, Promotions and Merchandising teams to facilitate the achievement of optimum brand equity, sales, quality, distribution, visibility, price, placement and promotion of the assigned brands to enhance the Company’s image as a preferred supplier in the Industry.
- Formulate, and implement annual marketing plans, promotions, media and product launches for assigned brands to facilitate the achievement of the Company’s marketing objectives.
- Conduct regular brand sales analysis to understand performance and document brand trends, return on investment and ensuring all required corrective actions are developed and implemented
- Achieve and monitor local sales and gross profit targets in keeping with departmental objectives, implementing measures to address short falls through sell in and sell out initiatives
- Ensure optimum quality, distribution, visibility, price, placement and promotion of the assigned brands in key accounts
- Prepare draft forecasts and budget proposals and administer approved A&P budgets in collaboration with suppliers and Business Unit Manager, ensuring that all expenses are accounted for and tracked
- Monitor and report on all competitive activity in the trade through regular and scheduled trade visits, including appropriate tactical initiatives to counteract such activity and assessing distribution levels and shelf presence
- Monitor product expiration dates and damages of assigned brands in the Warehouse and implement measures to keep expiries at set minimum targets
- Create and disseminate up to date Planograms to the Merchandising team
- Completion of ICMs
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure that all advertising and promotional activities are executed according to plan
- Work closely with internal and external promotion teams to ensure all samplings and promotions are executed according to plan, conducting site visits and assisting with execution as required
- Train Sales, Merchandising and Promotions teams on all existing and new brands and provide continuous guidance and assistance as required
- Work closely with the Supply Chain department to ensure timely and accurate forecasting and ordering of assigned brands
- Submit all claims to suppliers in a timely manner and ensure reimbursements are received
- Perform other related duties that may be required to enhance the operations of the Company.
Qualifications, Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years similar experience in a similar environment
- Or relevant combination of training and experience
- Must possess a reliable, working vehicle
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiating, organizational and analytical skills
- Strong presentation abilities and competitive spirit
- Driven to succeed – Proven track record in sales and marketing