The incumbent is responsible for assisting with general accounting activities for Bryden pi and its affiliated companies.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Generate debit notes with proper supporting documentation to suppliers where necessary in a timely manner and distribute to Suppliers within 48hrs of Debit Notes being signed off.
- Generate reports for trade deals & update VAI based on Division instructions.
- Reconcile and analyze supplier’s claim statement against GL and resolve any discrepancies immediately
- Follow up with suppliers for receivables collection and apply their payment accordingly
- Process and submit VAT returns
- Process all credit card statements
- Update and post standing journals
- Maintain accurate and timely recording of the fixed asset register with periodic physical audits.
- Process or approve contract drivers’ payments.
- Reconcile cashiers to ensure that all funds received are deposited daily and the relevant batches are prepared to support same.
- Reconcile Delivery Records Listing after checking Cashiers and emailing outstanding information to relevant personnel.
- Ensure that accounting close off & reconciliations are completed based on strict deadline.
- Perform other duties that may be required to enhance the operations of the Company
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of CAT Level 2 or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of one (1) year similar experience
- Experience in a fast paced accounting environment will be an asset.
- Or relevant combination of training and experience
- Excellent attention to detail and deadlines
- Good time management skills and multitasking ability
- Good communication skills
- Must be flexible, honest and reliable