The incumbent is responsible for assisting with general accounting activities and the timely processing of accounting responsibilities.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Complete debit notes to Suppliers when necessary on a time manner, within 24hrs of Debit Notes being signed off.
- Assist with coding and posting of all approved invoices (local & foreign)
- Reconcile GL, investigate and resolve differences.
- Insurance Claims-generate shipment claims to Insurance Brokers when necessary.
- Generate reports for trade deals & book in VAI based on Division instructions
- Reconcile cashiers deposits and reconcile to Delivery Records (on rotation).
- Process or approve weekly payroll /contract drivers generated from Micropay (on rotation).
- Check bank statement daily to ensure that all deposits generated are accounted for by the Bank and resolve any discrepancies immediately
- Update Control Sheets daily and create new sheet for next day.
- Reconcile & analyse Supplier statement to AP for related Suppliers and process payment.
- Reconcile Petty cash reimbursement
- Perform other duties that may be required to enhance the operations of the Company
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of CAT Level 2 or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of one (1) year similar experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency (especially Excel)
- Experience in a fast paced accounting environment will be an asset or relevant combination of training and experience
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Must possess excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills